Since I always swoon over amazing heroes/book boyfriends of the books I read, an idea came up on my mind to make this list. This is the list of the male characters, which I call “book boyfriends”, that have stayed with me long after I finish reading the books. Hence, the books of these characters are my favorites that I highly recommend.
- Travis Maddox – Beautiful Disaster Series by Jamie McGuire – Travis is hands down one of the most memorable heroes I’ve ever read. He has a bad boy vibe with charming personality that I adore.
“I know we’re fucked up, alright? I’m impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don’t deserve you…but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you’re around, I don’t need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands…”
“You can’t tell me what to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!” In the second it took him to turn and face me, his expression had contorted into anger. He stomped toward me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face. “WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neck bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you.”
- Alexander Barrington – The Bronze Horseman Series by Paullina Simons – Alexander and Tatiana’s epic love story is one of my ALL time favorites. I’ve never cried harder since this series. Everytime I think about the word “epic” this series is the first time that comes to my mind. And Alexander…
“Tatiana: I found my true love on Ulita Saltykov-Schedrin, while I sat on a bench eating ice cream.
Alexander: You didn’t find me. You weren’t even looking for me. I found you.
Tatiana: Alexander, were you looking for me ?
Alexander: All my life.”
- Kellan Kyle – Thoughtless Series by S.C. Stephens – It was not easy for me reading this series but Kellan kept me devouring this story till the very last page. He is that GREAT. One of my all time favorite book heroes that I LOVE.
“Kiera was a scar across my heart that would never fully heal, no matter how many random encounters I placed across it. My poor imitations of her were only ripping open the wound again and again. Good or bad, she was forever a part of me.”
- Christian Grey – Fifty Shades Series by E.L. James – Who does not love Christian? 😉
“Hearts and flowers—that’s not who I am.”
“I know you’re rolling your eyes at me,” he murmurs, and I hear the trace of humor in his voice.”
“Would you like something to eat?” I ask. He nods slowly. “Yes. You.” he murmurs.”
- Gideon Cross – Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day – If you love Christian Grey, you won’t resist Gideon. I promise. 😉
“I’ve always seen you, angel. From the moment you found me, I’ve seen nothing but you.”
“You forget who submits, Eva,” he said gruffly. “I’ve given up control for you. I’ve bent and adjusted for you. I’ll do anything to keep you and make you happy. But I can’t be tamed or topped. Don’t mistake indulgence for weakness.”
- Caleb – The Dark Trilogy by C.J. Roberts – My bad, bad, BAD BOY. I know it’s crazy to be head over heels in love with this kind of man. But Lord, Caleb is a SWOON-WORTHY man.
“I know you deserve to be happy. I know you deserve someone… better, but I’m selfish. I want you. I want you bad enough to try and be someone better.”
“I was not crying – eyes water. I think we all know I’m a badass and I don’t cry.”
“I’m sorry, Livvie, I really am. You kill me. Pepper spray? I’ve tracked you all over the world and that’s what’s going to stop me―pepper spray.”
- Dean Di-Laurentis – The Score (Off-Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy – He is charming and hillarious. And a very bad boy.
“You’re lucky I love you, babe. If any other girl had done this to me –“
“You love me? You just said it.”
“I … Well, damn. I guess I did.”
“Did you mean it? I want to hear it again.”
“Aw shit, babe. Don’t make me say it again. It’s bad enough I said it first.”
- Liam Dempsey – Consolation Duet by Corinne Michaels – Another favorite hero that has stayed with me for a long time. Liam is perfect. I cannot discribe him without talking about the story. In my opinion, this series is the best by Corinne Michaels so far.
“You’re supposed to be untouchable, and yet here you are in my arms. I don’t know if I’m lucky or a fucking idiot. I just know that when we’re together, it feels right. It feels like we’re supposed to be.”
- Rune Kristiansen – A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole – This book is one of the very few books that made me ugly cry and Rune is one of the best characters ever created that I will always remember.
“I ran my finger down her cheek. “Poppymin, you have me. You’ll always have me.” I cleared the lump in my throat and added, “I might be different from the boy you knew, but I’m yours.” I smirked, without humor. “Forever always.”
“She’s the love of my life. And I’m not walking away from her, even for a second.”